The Founder and CEO of Ark Invest – Cathie Wood – purchased 297,000 shares of Coinbase for approximately $11.9 million.
She also bought 75,000 shares of Tesla Inc.
- Despite the unstable condition of the crypto sector and the increasing negativity towards centralized exchanges, Wood spent almost $12 million to acquire 297,000 COIN shares.
- The shares recently plunged to an all-time low of $38.7, currently hovering around $40.
- Cathie Wood is a keen proponent of the cryptocurrency sector, and the company she leads – Ark Invest – has purchased Coinbase stocks numerous times.
- The asset management now owns 5.7 million stocks of Coinbase.
- The cryptocurrency exchange became the first high-profile business in the industry to be publicly listed for trading on Nasdaq last year.
- At first, COIN shares traded at around $400, but the hype gradually vaporized in the following months. The ongoing bear market has also taken its toll, and the stocks are currently 90% down compared to their peak.
- Besides being a crypto supporter, Wood seems to have high hopes for Tesla, too, buying 75,000 shares of the EV giant.
- TSLA stocks have also tumbled significantly recently, trading at around $156 (at the time of writing these lines), meaning the investment cost $11.7 million.
Binance Gratis $100 (Exclusivo): Utiliza este enlace para registrarte y recibir $100 gratis y 10% de descuento en las comisiones de los Futuros de Binance el primer mes (términos).
Oferta especial de PrimeXBT: Utilice este enlace para registrarse e introduzca el código POTATO50 para recibir hasta $7,000 en sus depósitos.